Vandercook No 3 for sale. The press is in very good condition and has been kept indoors in a dry climate. It probably could use new ink rollers (2) depending on your requirements. Price for the press alone: $7,500 OBO (not including shipping).
If you’re interested in a bundle, I can offer the press with supplies and equipment needed to start printing right away – including wood type. Bundle alone has over $1,500 worth of equipment/supplies. Located in Brooklyn, NY in an easy-access elevator building. Price for the bundle: $8,000 OBO (not including shipping).
Ideally you’re located in the New York area or thereabouts. If you’re more than 100 miles outside of the Brooklyn area, it is recommended that you have the unit crated for shipping. If you’re within 100 miles, I have contacts for experienced movers.
– Vandercook No 3:
• In very good+ working condition
• Circa approx. 1953.
• When I first took over the machine, I removed some light rust at the feet of the cabinet and repainted the base.
• Had a locally respected expert look at it and said that it was in really good shape.
• Rollers (2 of them) work but are probably due for a redo (approx $400)
• replaced bushings
• Boxcar base 12″ x 16”
• Wood Furniture Reglets – assorted sizes, too many to count
• Lollypop roller height gauge
• Challenge Hi-Speed Quoin 5.5″ x 2 pieces
• Challenge Hi-Speed Quoin 6″ x 2 pieces
• Challenge Hi-Speed Quoin 7.5″ x 1 piece
• Quoin Key
• Furniture Cabinet with set of metal furniture as well as a few wood pieces
• Slug Cutter
• Wash up can
• pocket gauge
• line gauge
• ink knives
– Wood Type:
• Futura @ 2” Uppercase
• Grotesk @ 3” Uppercase
• Serif 1 3/4″ Upper and Lower
Ink (all rubber based):
• Van Son Warm Red
• Van Son Pantone Green
• Van Son Pantone Yellow
• Van Son Process Blue
• Van Son Transparente White
• Van Son Black
Email me with any questions that you have.
(There are more items than what is shown)