I’ve closed up my letterpress studio after 10 years in business and have a wonderful, ready-to-print Vandercook 4-T to part with. I’ll consider any and all reasonable offers. Please be in touch with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org Details as follows:
The press is currently in my studio on Bergen Street in Brooklyn, NY. A bit below ground floor, but no stairs, and there is a freight elevator. It is mounted on a pallet so it can be easily moved with a forklift. I have movers I’d recommend!
Vandercook 4T Proofing Press • $13,000 or best offer
– Serial No. 16041 (manufactured 1953)
– Length: / Width: 6’6” x 2’2”
– Power: standard 110 volt plug (running a1/4 HP motor)
– Weight: 1100 lbs
– Bed: 15” x 35”
– Maximum sheet: 14 ¾” x 20” / Maximum form: 14” x 18”
– Same as the Vandercook 4, but used to pull transparency proofs of type on transparent acetate or glassine that could then be contacted to film for offset negatives. (Info from vandercookpress.info)
– It’s in great shape and I’ve used it for tons of wedding invitation and greeting card work over the last several years.
– Rubber rollers were replaced about 5 years ago and are in great shape
– Related materials are included: all the wash-up parts that are not currently attached, lockup bar, quoins and keys, 9” x 12” standard relief Boxcar base, and more.
– Bed is type high, not adjustable
– Press has a paper delivery tray attached
– The press is mounted on a pallet, so it’s a breeze to move with a forklift.