Uni I Bullet Catch?

Can anyone provide a picture and approximate dimensions of the bullet catch that holds up the ink distribution rollers for cleaning on a Uni I? Ours has gone a-miss and I have a VERY KIND friend willing to machine us a new one–but I have no idea what it looks like!

Notify of
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Fritz Klinke
16 years ago

The two parts in question are X-14578, the spring loaded catch, and X-17438, the stud it nests into, and that holds the vibrator frame assembly in the up position. I can furnish the X-14578, and the X-17438 has to be machined. Both are held in place with hex nuts. These are about the 2 hardest parts to locate on the Univ I as it is not at all clear on the master assembly drawings what these things do. It is necessary to put information on the master cylinder drawing together with the vibrator frame assembly drawing knowing what all this looks like. It took me better part of a day about a year ago to track this down for a Univ I that I rebuilt, and this time it was only 20 minutes. I’ll have to call in the morning to get a price on the X-14578, a part still manufactured.

The Arm
16 years ago

This part looks like it is something that you should be able to replace. I’ll check some catalogs and see if I can find a source. If that fails I’ll take some photos for you.

Daniel Morris
The Arm Letterpress
Brooklyn, NY

Copyright © 2024 vandercookpress.infoTheme by SiteOrigin
Scroll to top
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x