What Durometer for Form Rollers for Hacker (or Vandercook)?

I am in the process of purchasing a Hacker 4, and would like advice on what durometer measurement the form rollers should be for printing mainly type or photopolymer plates. Perhaps the durometer would be the same for a Vandercook press. Any advice would be welcome.

1 thought on “What Durometer for Form Rollers for Hacker (or Vandercook)?

  1. Paul Moxon, Moderator - July 18, 2015

    For archiving purposes: The durometer should be A20 be the same as for Vandercook and other flatbed cylinder proof presses. While this is not stated in the 1936 Hacker catalog specs are given for the diameter of the form rollers and auxillary rollers. As I was/am traveling when this query was posted I put Jonathan in contact with Larry Johnson, another Hacker owner.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2022 vandercookpress.infoTheme by SiteOrigin
Scroll to top