Power grippers on Universal Series…

I understand that there is an option for the powered Universal series presses in which the powered grippers would raise and close without having to press on the foot pedal. How is it activated? Where can I find blueprints or technical operating manuals (more detailed) of the Uni presses?

Thank you once again!

3 thoughts on “Power grippers on Universal Series…

  1. The Arm NYC - September 8, 2007

    You can’t buy blueprints of the Vandercooks beyond what is in the manual. If that ever changes I want to hear about it!
    But you may find these patent drawings useful for the Uni I.



    Daniel Morris
    The Arm Letterpress
    Brooklyn, NY

  2. edmond - September 7, 2007

    Does Paul Moxon or Fritz sell blueprints of the Universals??? That would definitely help understand and problem solve a lot of questions.

  3. The Arm NYC - September 5, 2007

    These are actuated by a magnetic solenoid. I will take a photo for you tomorrow. I haven’t tried using it on my Universals. I prefer the control of the foot actuated grippers. The feature would be good for proofing in quantity, but not for editioning or accurate registration.
    As for technical manuals I don’t think there was one unless it was a binder given to the service technicians. If that exists I would pay good money for one!

    Daniel Morris
    The Arm Letterpress
    Brooklyn, NY

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2022 vandercookpress.infoTheme by SiteOrigin
Scroll to top