Proofing press stopper hardware inquiry

I have a question pertaining to the hardware on a number 01 vandercook proofing press. Provided are images of said hardware. I will call them “stoppers” as that is what they do-they prevent the roller from rolling off the press bed. Recently a colleague caused the roller to get stuck partially off the press bed. I ended up taking these off.  As you can see, we are missing one of the rubber stoppers. Where might I acquire a new set of these? I’m going to communicate with our dept’s shop tech supervisor about trying to have a new set 3-d printed. We are also missing two of the four headless support bolts. I was going to take them to my local hardware store and see if they have the size we need.

Thank you for any help and/or information about these parts. Also, if these are not called stoppers what are they technically called?

Judith Feist

Adjunct professor/Interim Area Head, Printmaking

Wayne State University, Detroit, M


Notify of
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Paul Moxon, Moderator
2 years ago

If you cast or do 3-D, please keep us posted. There are a lot of rough bumpers out there.

The Arm
2 years ago

I cut them from hard rubber stock I source from McMaster Carr. It is no fun at all!

Paul Moxon, Moderator
2 years ago

The rubber stops are generally referred to as bumpers. 3-D printing is the way to go. NA doesn’t stock them and I haven’t been able to source them elsewhere. You should be able to find the slotted set screw and roundhead screw at a hardware store.

Copyright © 2024 vandercookpress.infoTheme by SiteOrigin
Scroll to top
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x