Notify of
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Fritz Klinke
15 years ago

The rubber pads Barbara describes are original Vandercook stock and I still have a good supply of them. I would think the press should be levelled before putting the pads under the legs.


Barbara Hauser
15 years ago

Hi John,

I bought some rubber foot pads from NA Graphics and they’ve worked out fine:

I don’t know if they’re the same kind you can get in a hardware store. They’re made of a very dense material that seems to be holding up very well under the No. 4’s 1100 pounds.


Paul Moxon, Moderator
15 years ago

Some models have two adjusting feet at the right end of the press bed, but as Gerald points out rubber pads for the most common lighter models would prevent them from walking or moving forward. I have a commercial rubber door mat which keeps my No. 4 in place and prevents any excess oil from being a hazard. Hard rubber pads are available in most hardware stores. I would think that a mouse pad is too soft to be of use, but as always your mileage may vary.

Gerald Lange
15 years ago


I think you would want the pads for just about any Vandercook. They are hard rubber and a bit less than a quarter of an inch thick. The little circular rubber ink pads that Vandercook supplied for that goofy ink can dispenser are useful for minor adjustments.

But, the rubber pads are useful. They keep vibration down, keep the press from walking, etc. Basically, any hard rubber, in various thicknesses, is going to do the job. I’ve acquired a lot of the Vandercook stuff over the years and use it as platforms for my computers, hard drives, etc.


Copyright © 2024 vandercookpress.infoTheme by SiteOrigin
Scroll to top
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x